Saturday, April 3, 2010

Book Review - Winter 2010

Books read Jan - March 2010.

Mary Todd Lincoln by Jean Baker - biography of Mary Todd Lincoln, a very interesting misunderstood person. Great book!

Knit Two by Kate Jacobs - second in the Walker and Daughter Knitting store series. Great easy reading.

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built: #10 - Alexander McCall Smith - great book in a light hearted series.

The Forgotten Garden and The Shifting Fog - Kate Morton - I listened to these books on audible and I love them. The reader was wonderful, I could listen all day. Highly recommended!!

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - I know I am behind the times just reading this book now (I haven't seen the movie either.) It was a great book and I love how the author developed the story. A friend mentioned that she thought the book was too sexual. It does have many sexual scenes, but I feel they are integral to the story. Highly recommended!!

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson - I read this book on my kindle during the snow of February 2010! Classic Alex Cross book = Great!

Mercy by Jodi Picoult - another thought provoking book about the relationship between a husband and wife. Beautiful writing.

Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult - one of her newest books dealing with a family with an ill child, similiar theme as My Sisiter's Keeper. It was a great book, but I could do without the last few pages. The story was finished, they weren't necessary.

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks - my first Sparks book, it was an easy great weekend reading book. Great beach reading.

Enjoy!
ELT

No comments:

Post a Comment