Thursday, February 23, 2012

Artwork

We added some homemade artwork to our "kitchen" wall. Actually, our kitchen walls all have cabinets on them, so the "kitchen" wall is the wall next to the island that divides the kitchen from the dining/living room.

A few weekends ago, my MIL and I got all the grans over to her house for my art project idea. They are 10, 8, 5, 3, and 1year old, so their hands are all different sizes. Using the water based paint samples we had collected from painting the house last year (15 samples to settle on 5 colors!) I painted each child's hand and then stamped brown construction paper. It went from oldest to youngest! I think it came out great and it was a wonderful bonding time! Especially with the 5 and 3 year old, who would dance for me when I waved the hair dryer in their direction. Love.

We now have Arti's paw prints from when I was painting the house, a picture the 10year old made for G for Christmas based on the YouTube video "My spoon is too big!", and the nephews/niece hand prints!

What art projects have you been up to?
Enjoy!
ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment