Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day 2012!

Hope you all are having a wonderful extra day!

Have you heard this song by Gotye on the radio?


Right now this song speaks to me. Not because of G! but because of a few other relationships that I have that are falling apart. I know I am partially at fault with the demise of these relationships, but it still makes me sad.

"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know"

I try my hardest to live by this wonderful quote by Maya Angelou, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
I just wish others would too.

-ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment