Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New chair!

Did I tell you that the office is actually going to be the nursery??
Office - September 2012
That was my plan when I repainted the room back in September 2012.  I thought a grey/teal-turquoise/white color palate would be wonderful for a baby and for an office in the mean-time. 
I have been working off this color palate idea from pinterest -

The dresser I stained is going in the office/nursery and will be used as the changing table also.  Besides a crib the other thing we wanted to get was a rocker/glider chair.  I knew I wanted something more "furniture-like" as compared to "baby-only."  I have yet to set foot in Babies R Us and hope to keep it that way!!

I liked this chair and ottoman from Target (in either Halo anchor or Hlo string),

but worried about the height of the chair only being 38".  G is tall ~6'2" and he wanted a chair tall enough to rest his head.  As he called it, "No airplane chairs!"

My mom suggested La-Z-Boy, so we checked it out this past weekend.  I had pinned the Harbor Town recliner

and Lyndon recliner

previous so we started there.  I really liked the look of the Lyndon recliner because of the tufted back that could be cousins to the reupholstered chair we are keeping in the room, but it was deemed an "airplane chair!"

The Harbor Town was nice, but we weren't in love with it.
We ended up with the Lancer recliner in a fine whale corduroy fabric in light grey - called cobblestone.


It should be ready in ~45days, so room pics will have to wait.  Everything is coming together nicely!
Enjoy!
ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment