Monday, May 2, 2011

Workout update

Monday, April 25th - 1st day of prepping the office for painting. I spent many hours sanding and cleaning the walls. No really workout, but I was sweaty from all my effort!

Tuesday, April 26th - I did my own version of boot camp!
6min of 5 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 15 fast squats. I did 7 rounds and 5 push-ups in the 7 mins. An improvement of 5 push-ups compared to last week.
Followed by the Compact Chain with 10 lb. weights, starting at 10 reps, going down to 5 reps, and repeating 10 reps.
I finished the workout with a set of abs. Felt pretty good during the whole workout.

Wednesday, April 27th - Pilates core challenge in the morning and then a walk with Molly and GAH before meeting friends for dinner. We did 1.77miles in 37 min - it was hot and Molly got tired and walked slow towards the end.

Thursday, April 28th - off day. Lots of manual work. Sanded the walls, washed the walls, painted the second coat of yellow paint, painted the 1st coat of white on the base boards, doors, and window. I also made Ina Garden's Chicken Bouillabaisse for dinner! It was a long day.

Friday, April 29th - Went for a run and a very fast paced "cool down" walk with Molly and GAH. It was my first run is almost a week. It was hard, but felt good. Need to get my head back into running...marathon training starting soon!
Splits
Mile 1 - 8:09
Mile 2 - 8:17
Mile 3 - 8:16
Mile 4 - 8:05
4miles in 32:49

Cool-down walk was 1.77miles in 30min (7min faster than Wednesday's walk!)

Saturday, April 30th - Walking with GAH and Molly. 2.13 miles in 40:42. I also finished putting the office back together!

Sunday, May 1st - Running with Stephanie. We did 6.02 miles in 50:00. The course was very hilly and it killed me. I had to stop and catch my breath at 3.5miles (the first half was downhill....) I couldn't get my breathing under control. I am sure we will and this route to our training plan!
Splits -
Mile 1 - 8:01
Mile 2 - 8:20
Mile 3 - 8:03
Mile 4 - 8:25
Mile 5 - 8:23
Mile 6 - 8:35

This week is full of workouts and no painting!
Enjoy
-ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment