Friday, June 8, 2012

Foot update

A few days after the cortisone injection.

It is hard to see, but I had a nice bruise a week later!

So the cortisone shot was not the cure.  I still have some numbness in my toes after running.  On the plus side, not much pain, but that might be due to my low mileage.

My Dr. said that after 6 weeks, if I had any pain or symptoms then we could do an alcohol/fluid injection to help loosen everything up. 
I called this week and made an appointment for the injection - June 22nd!  Lovely.

If this doesn't work, then the next option is try another round of cortisone and fluid injections and then possibly surgery!  I want to avoid surgery since I know the recovery is going to be slow.  I also have 2 fall 1/2 marathons scheduled and have a few Spring 2013 races I want to do, so no surgery!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the fluid injection works!

Fun times!
ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment