Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spring Book review


Spring reading!  8 books in 8 weeks isn’t too shabby.  I have started to knit, so I haven’t been reading as much.  Hopefully, I’ll step it up this summer!

Fiction Ruined My Family – Jeanne Darst – My mom found this book in a magazine recommended book reading.  It is a memoir about another lady from a crazy family whose parents can’t keep a roof over their head.  Definitely skip this!

Coarline – Neil Gaiman – I really enjoyed this movie when it came out and wanted to read the book.  It think the movie does a wonderful job of painting the scenes.  Definitely watch the movie, read the book to or with your kids.

Silver Girl – Elin Hilderbrand – Another book about Nantucket.  She paints a beautiful picture of the beach and the area.  It was a fast read and great for the summer.  Love this author for beach reading!

I’ve Got Your Number – Sophie Kinsella – Great easy reading, but Kinsella’s female character are all the same, missing some common sense, avoid telling the truth until the situation blows up in their face.  It can be annoying , but this book was fun and part of the conversation is via text.  Funny!  Great beach read!

The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
Love, Love, Love this book!  I had G read it and when he was finished he said, “I miss my friends!”  READ THIS BOOK NOW!

The Sorceress, The Necromancer, and The Warlock: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Books 3, 4, and 5 – I am enjoying this series and looking forward to the last book which just came out.  If you are looking for a magical series, definitely check this out!

Have you fallen in love with an books?  Other recommendations?
Enjoy!
ELH 

No comments:

Post a Comment