Friday, January 25, 2013

New Years Eve dinner

One of my besties and her family were in town for a wedding, so they stayed a few extra days to hang out with us!!
It was a wonderful time.
We decided to stay in the for the evening, since one of our visitors was a 5month old cutie!


I've had Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 1 & 2 for a few years, but haven't made anything.  New Years Eve seemed like the perfect time!

Everyone napping while I cook!

I made boeuf bourguignon with mushrooms and onions.  I also made garlic mashed potatoes and G made tomato, cucumber, red onion salad with a pomegranate vinaigrette dressing.








 As an appetizer, I also made these baked cheese bites (found on pinterest) but with goat cheese and homemade green chile jelly! (without the sticks)

Dinner was a hit! and everything was tasty (or so I was told.  I don't eat red meat or pork, so no bourguignon for me!)
Pottery Barn Reindeer table setting.


It only took a few years to get the whole collection!  Love it!


Dessert was pretty difficult :)  A variety of single size ice creams with a few rousing games of rummikub!

We rung in the New Year with Gruet champagne and flipping between Ryan Seacrest and Carson Daly.  Fun times!
It was a wonderful way to ring in 2013!
Hope you had a great New Years and are having a great 2013.
ELH
























No comments:

Post a Comment