Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Random foot update

If have feet issues!  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have had 3 foot surgeries!  The first 2 were ~9years ago to remove excess bones on the tops of both feet.
You actually have a joint there and mine had become compressed and calcium/bone had grown over the joint causing lots of constant pain.  I had the calcium/bone shaved off/back.  My podiatrist said had "old feet" and the surgery would last ~15years. 
My left foot has started to "grow" again and it hurts off and on.  Fun!
1" scar on tops of feet - surgery 1+2, surgery 3 - left foot scars between the middle toe (hard to see in pic), and dried blood on right tallest toe.

A few months before that surgery, I got a pedicure for my BFF's wedding and they ended up scrapping a chuck of skin off the bottom of my foot - ouch!! 

After that bad pedicure experience and the surgery, my feet have become super sensitive.  I love soaking my feet and rubbing lotion on them - but don't particularly like anyone else touching them.  Add to that, they are super ticklish!

It has been a little over a year since my 3rd surgery to remove the damaged nerves in my left foot from running.  The surgery went well and after a few months I have gotten feeling back in my middle toes.  It was weird touching the toes and not feeling anything!  I still don't like walking without any shoes on - I need that little bit of soft support.

As for running - I was just starting to get back into and liked running in the cold when we found out about the baby.  Who new it would only take ~1 month to get preggers!  Needless to say, my running has been sideline, so I can't really give a great update on my foot recovery and Morton's neuroma surgery.

Taking all that foot hoopla into consideration, I haven't been a big fan of pedicures - I'd rather just do them myself!  At around 33 weeks my belly has gotten so big, that I can't reach my toes!  And since it is still summer weather, I need pretty painted toes.  I have gotten 2 pedicures in the last few weeks and the last one was another disaster!  She cut the cuticle on my right foot and it bleed, and bleed, and bleed, and bleed.  Lovely!

All that to say, that this is probably my last pedicure for awhile!
Fun times!!
-ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment