Sunday, April 17, 2011

Product review

I have been trying a few new products recently and of course have some opinions!

Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia - gives you a hint of color while moisturizing and conditioning your lips. Each tub is $7.
I love everything Burt's Bees, but this product missed the mark. It is great for moisturizing and condition, but the hint of color is missing. I would stick with their regular lip balm and your favorite lip stick for color.

Burt's Bees natural toothpaste - This toothpaste does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate YEAH! SLS is know to cause canker sores which I have been prone to for as long as I can remember. I love this toothpaste! At Target they sell it with a lip balm for ~$5. This is a must try if you are looking for a natural, SLS toothpaste.

Aveeno Positively Radiant tinted moisturizer SPF 30 - Being from the Southwest, I don't leave the house without sunscreen on. I love all of Clinique's face products and use their Even Better dark spot corrector, followed by Super City tinted sun block, but I was starting to feel like I have too much stuff on my face. I saw an ad for the Aveeno product - a two-in-one combination of sun screen and even skin toning! I am 3/4 through my first bottle and am very happy with it. The bottle is ~$13, which is definitely cheaper than the two bottle of Clinique. I am thinking about adding the Even Better to my nightly routine to boost up the tone correction.

Dove Ultimate visibly smooth deodorant - I would like to say that I use all natural products for everything. I don't, but I think I do a good job. I have looked into different natural deodorants, but can't get past that you pretty much have to apply them with your fingers or how you don't make a mess all over your clothes. For now, I'll stick with roll-on deodorant. My sister introduced me to this product because over time your underarm hair becomes less noticeable. Win!! I need to shave every day. This product lets me shave every other day. Win!! The tube is ~$4 and I would definitely recommend trying it.

What new products are you trying?
ELH

1 comment:

  1. 1. Try Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer's. They work great and give you a nice lip tint!
    2. Arm & Hammer's All Natural Deodorant is AWESOME!
    3. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete