Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pi mile 5k

Sat, April 14th


Pi mile 5k!

25:29.35! On the second mile, I thought I could break 25min. I am sort of stuck there. I guess I have a goal to work on while training for the ½ marathons in October.


Splits –

Mile 1 – 8:03 (went out too fast)

Mile 2 – 8:28 (slowing down to pace myself a little – probably too much)

Mile 3 – 8:05 (thought there was a chance to break 25min)

0.12miles @ 7:24


I actually felt pretty good. Surprising since I have only had 3 times in the last week!

I was 8th in my age-group division out of 122 and 38th woman out of 497. Pretty good! Breaking 25min would have put me 5th.... talk about motivation for next year!


My next scheduled race is July 4th. I might need to find a 5k to do before then… I am also am only going to do 2 runs a week – tempo run during the week and a longer run Saturday morning. The rest of the time will be filled with NTC workouts, pilates videos, and free outdoor yoga.

I also have a bootcamp groupon, just need to know when the next cycle of classes start!

What have you been up to?

-ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment