Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly workout update


Carlsbad Flower Fields
 
More fun updates!
Tue, April 24th – I bought a Groupon last fall for a local boot camp.  20 classes to use in 8weeks!  I went to my first class and it was great.  Very hard, but I liked it and my arms were killing me!  Looking forward to more classes!
I was able to take Molly for a 2mile walk in the morning and did my AABS – 150 sit-ups and 32 push-ups.

Wed, April 25th – 3.1 mile run in the morning, 2.0mile walk with Molly in the afternoon, and AABS – 150 sit-ups and 32 push-ups.
During our walk, someone put out a plant with a “free” sign on it.  It was a large terra cotta pot, that in my mind was worth carrying home (~5blocks) with Molly and her poop bag.  Needless to say, it wasn’t the best idea I have had and my arms were screaming by the end, but I am able to laugh about it and joke to G what a silly wife he has! 

Running Splits –
Mile 1 – 9:20
Mile 2 – 9:21
Mile 3 – 8:59
0.1miles @9:15
Total time = 28:37

My legs and body were tired and heavy.  Definitely feeling the effects of boot camp.

Thurs, April 26th – 2.0mile walk with Molly in the morning, 1hr long boot camp, and AABS – 150 sit-ups and 32 push-ups.  I can feel the burn!

Fri, April 27th – Off/rest day.  Very much needed!

Sat, April 28th – 3.1mile run, 1.78mile cool-down walk with Molly and G, and of course my AABS – 160 sit-ups and 34 push-ups.

Running Splits –
Mile 1 – 8:37
Mile 2 – 8:38
Mile 3 – 8:44
0.1miles @8:39
Total time = 26:53

I must have needed rest day Friday!

Sun, April 29th – Sleep-in morning, a longer walk with Molly and G – 2.71miles (it was starting to get too hot for Molly, so the walk was shorter than planned), and AABS – 160 sit-ups and 34 push-ups.

Mon, April 30th – Easy run morning.  I always feel so tired on Monday mornings, like I didn’t nap enough during the weekend.  This feeling makes any kind of motivation very hard.

On the plus side my cortisone shot is on Friday!!  Very excited to see what happens to the pain in my foot.  I have been icing it daily for a few hours total and have noticed a little difference.  The large callus is starting to break apart, which is a good sign that I am not putting more pressure on the nerve. 

Today is the last day of AABS – 160 sit-ups and 34 push-ups.  I will continue with some variation for May and maybe even post a calendar!

Running Splits –
Mile 1 – 8:55
Mile 2 – 8:53
Mile 3 – 8:48
0.1miles @8:55
Total time = 27:32

What workout have you been up to??
Enjoy!
ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment