Sunday, January 9, 2011

What happened after the Corn Chowder...


Us being silly while watching the sunrise at 10,023 feet on Haleakala Volcano on Maui

The last post was about the success of the new Corn Chowder recipe.
Lets talked about that evening...

We invited our pet-sitter over for dinner. He is a good friend of GH and has done a wonderful job taking care of Molly, Asparagus, and Artichoke (I like random names for pets!)
He is also a drinker, so the boys had a few too many drinks that night. The pet-sitter ended up falling asleep on our couch and GH sort of passed out in bed.

Before I continue, let me tell you about our bedroom TV routine.
GH hates most of the shows I watch, so he picks the show before we go to bed and sets the sleep timer. Usually he picks 90min, I would prefer 30min since I usually fall asleep and wake up before the timer goes off. Waking up again sucks! GH would put the remote behind the pillows and then I would have to find it after waking up. I would usually end up waking GH up and the remote would fall behind the bed, again annoying! So, the new plan is to give me the remote, which I set on my night stand. This has worked wonderfully.

Back to the Corn Chowder night...
GH set the sleep timer and put the remote on his night stand. We fell asleep, I woke up before the timer went off and that is when the fun started. I tapped GH on the back and asked him for the remote. He instead handed me a bottle of Gatorade that was next to the remote. I replied with "thanks, but I wanted the remote." He put the bottle back and fell asleep. A few minutes later, I tapped GH on the shoulder again and asked for the remote. This time he turned to me and growled something vicious about not touching him again (honestly I don't remember the exact words, but it funny and a little scary)!!
WOO! Needless to say I was a little shocked. I just looked and him and considered my options - 1. Crawl over him to get to the night stand - which would probably included touching him...
2. Get out of bed and walk around to the night stand.

I picked #2!
The next morning I asked GH if he remembered what happened and he had no clue. Funny!
I guess I will need to be more vigilant about taking control of the remote before falling asleep.

Enjoy!
-ELH

No comments:

Post a Comment